Who am I?
Name: Jenni Karjalainen
Occupation: HR coordinator
City: Vantaa, Kivistö Greater Area
During my life, I have lived in Kajaani, Parola, Joensuu, Lahti and now in Vantaa. So in a sense I’m from nowhere and from all over Finland at the same time.
I think I would make a great member of the Vantaa city council, because I can analyze things from various perspectives and I feel I do not only represent some particular demographic group or field of study, but rather millennials as a generation. I believe that I can make the world a better place with my actions and my example.
I signed up to be a candidate in the upcoming election, because I want to help as we start building for a future oriented Vantaa that will rise up after we have beaten this Covid-19. We should invest in education, choose to mitigate climate change and act in a way that is responsible and advances social justice. I chose Left Alliance, because they share the values that I consider important: equality, social justice and sustainability.
My slogan is “Towards a better future: for education, environment and social justice.”
Here are some of the things I consider important:
- Enough spots in childcare and upper secondary level
- Reasonable group sizes in all education levels
- Enough resources to pupil/student welfare
- Enough contact instruction
- Better public transportation
- Better chances for light transport
- There should be a real chance to get by without a car in metropolitan area
- We should always take environment into account when we make plans to build and during we build new things
- Carbon neutral Vantaa 2030
- Affordable housing
- Preventing residential segregation
- Removing health care center fees
- Everyone should be able to exercise and express themselves
- Vantaa should be a responsible employer.